Thursday, February 7, 2013

MPDC End of Season 19

It's hard to believe, but another season of Monday Pauper Deck Challenge has come to an end. For those not in the know, MPDC is a weekly PRE featuring a Swiss tournament in the Standard Pauper format, with prizes awarded for the Top 8 finishers thanks to the sponsorship of MTGOTraders. As always, if you've never checked out MPDC, I encourage you to browse over to PDCMagic.com for all the information and then come join us at 2:00pm EST / 7:00pm GMT in the /join MPDC room.

It's been another great season, but one that is particularly significant for me, as back in December I stepped down from my 3+ year stint as the host of this particular Player Run Event. I am so grateful for all the great support and encouragement I received over those three years, and especially thankful for fellow-player Malum taking over as the permanent host for this event.

This season was also significant in that in marked the first season in which Standard Pauper is an official format on Magic Online. I would like to think that my articles over at PureMTGO.com, especially the double-header about why I believed the format should receive official sanction, played a small but important role in this decision. In any case, the future of this format looks great!

As the season draws to a close, if you are interested in some quick and dirty analysis of the metagame, you can check out the discussions in the PDCMagic Standard forums here. Perhaps after the season has ended I will submit another in-depth analysis, but for the moment that link should give you enough information to help make an informed decision about what to run for the capstone event of the season, MPDC Worlds.

But for now, enjoy this short recording I made commentating on the Finals from MPDC 19.13, the last event of the season:



So what do you think is the best deck archetype in Standard Pauper? Which decks do you think will have the greatest showing at MPDC Worlds coming up next Monday? As always, I'd love to hear your thoughts and feedback. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment