Tuesday, March 31, 2015

The Angry Chicken

Despite my Tweet yesterday, I am still a major proponent of Hearthstone, even if the "pressure" to complete my daily missions without ever letting more than 3 days pass by has made it feel more obligation than fun sometimes. I am always on the lookout for free, helpful resources to improve my game, and when I find them, I really enjoy sharing them with others.

As I mentioned last time, I forgot my Saturday post last week, so I am determined to get four in this week. Today, I want to share with you an awesome Hearthstone podcast called The Angry Chicken.

Named after a curious (and absolutely awful) Hearthstone card, The Angry Chicken is produced every week by the team of Garrett Weinzierl, William "Dills" Gregory, and Jocelyn Moffett. It's available in both video and audio only formats. In fact, you can even watch it live on Mondays at 10pm Eastern time on their Twitch channel. Each week this team brings you up to speed on all the latest Hearthstone news and rumors, as well as covering strategies, crazy stories, and reader E-mails.

The production values for this podcast are excellent. They had a custom music score for their opener, and each weekly segment is also accompanied by a short bumper. These elements also incorporate sounds from the game itself, and complement the sound and feel of Hearthstone so well you might be hard pressed to tell what came from the game and what's original. The audio quality of each host is also quite good, especially given that they are just using Skype to connect with each other.

I would call this podcast the "Limited Resources" of Hearthstone, and that is high praise indeed. If you're into Hearthstone at all, you definitely should check out this podcast.

As an addendum, Part 2 of my Standard Pauper review of Dragons of Tarkir has been published over at PureMTGO. Definitely give it a read and let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment