Earlier this week, I had a similar conversation with a good friend over Skype. We hadn't talked in a while, and I found myself making a quick mental list of everything that's happened to me over the past month or so. Here's what I told him:
- My family and I came within a quarter-mile of the total devastation of an EF-5 tornado.
- My grandmother passed away, and I helped officiate at her funeral in Dallas.
- While in Dallas, I rode in an ambulance with my son to the hospital after he sustained a major head wound at the airport 15 minutes before we were to board our flight back to Indiana.
- My family and I moved from Oklahoma to the northern part of Indiana.
- I started a new job 2 hours away from where my family and I were staying each night.
- My wife and I signed a contract for the sale of my home in Oklahoma.
- I blew out the timing belt of my car, severely damaging the engine in the process.
- My wife left for a week-long retreat in Tennessee, leaving me as the primary care provider for my kids.
- After about two weeks of looking, my wife and I signed a contract to purchase a new home in Indiana.
- And today, I moved my family again from the northern part of Indiana down to the suburbs of Indianapolis.
How about you? What's your month been like? Got a list to top mine? I'd love to see it!