Thursday, July 11, 2013

Standard Pauper Event Tomorrow!

Being almost exclusively an online player of Magic the Gathering, I have never once made the journey to my local card store to participate in Friday Night Magic. In fact, even before I moved, I could not have told you where the nearest store was that even sold Magic cards. But for the first time since I was in high school (at least that I can remember), I will be participating in a Magic event on a Friday night. But not the one you're thinking of.

You see, as fortune would have it, I ran across this link in the PDCMagic.com Standard forums this morning, announcing a special Player Run Event tomorrow afternoon beginning at 5pm EDT hosted by an online clan known as BestDeal. While I am unfamiliar with this clan, I am excited to see that the format has garnered enough attention that they would host a special Standard Pauper event.

So here's how it works. According to the announcement in the Player Run Events forum, this will be a Swiss event, tentatively running for four rounds but potentially continuing until only a single player remains undefeated. There are three prizes in contention:
  1. A most unique deck prize of 2 tickets, awarded for the most innovative or unique deck idea.
  2. A best sportsmanship prize, also of 2 tickets, awarded to the most courteous and respectful player.
  3. And last but not least, a full set of all of the cards in Standard Pauper, awarded to the first place finisher. Yes, you read that right. A full set! This is a fantastic prize!
So, honestly, what do you have to lose? You get an evening of Standard Pauper and the chance to take home a lucrative prize, and all you have to do is show up and play. Additionally, the clan has pledged .25 in credit to spend in the Bots owned by the clan.

To participate, you need to send a valid decklist to MTGOBESTDEAL@GMAIL.COM by the time the tournament is scheduled to start, which is Friday 12th July 5pm EDT. You will need to join the BestDeal chat room (/join BestDeal) and all games will be played out in the Anything Goes (or Moving On Up on the new client) room.

I certainly will be there, and I hope I will even be able to record my matches. Hope to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment