Thursday, August 7, 2014

More Hearthstone

Over the past couple months as I've blogged and Tweeted about Hearthstone, I've noticed a small but significant uptick in the number of people commenting about the game. Couple this with the fact that I am playing the game just about every day now (even if it's just the 15-20 minutes needed to complete my daily quest), and you should expect to see more posts about this great game in the future. But don't worry! I will continue to be a major advocate for Standard Pauper via Magic Online, and bringing you a steady stream of content just as I have been doing for the past two years.

But for today, I wanted to point my readers to two great Hearthstone resources:
  1. IHEARTHU.com, one of the major Hearthstone content websites, today posted a podcast interview with Ben Brode, the Senior Game Designer for Hearthstone. He spends most of an hour talking about the recent Naxxramas expansion and gives some great teasers for what we can expect in the future. If you're at all interested in the design and development of this game, the interview is highly recommended.
  2. Chris Barna, a Pro-Tour caliber Magic the Gathering player is a recent "convert" to Hearthstone, and maintains an excellent blog entitled The CCG Corner about the game that he updates every Thursday. His post about his journey into Hearthstone is also particularly worth reading, since it in many ways mirrors my own.
Next time, I will post my review for the Naxxramas expansion for Hearthstone. See you then!

1 comment:

  1. Just a heads up - Chris's articles have been moved to Fridays. Thanks for the kind words - he certainly is a fierce and wise competitor!

    ReplyDelete