Thursday, May 30, 2013

Class Is In Session

While I know from my post last Thursday that much of my audience is more interested in Magic the Gathering and other video games than they are in the fantasy genre, one of my founding purposes for this blog was to post about my own journey as a fledgling fantasy author. To that end, beginning on June 3rd, I will be participating in a creative writing class taught by none other than the illustrious Brandon Sanderson.

As I have mentioned before, Sanderson teaches just such a course at Brigham Young University in Utah. Last year, one of his students recorded an entire semester worth of lectures on video and posted them to YouTube for the world to partake of. Now, this summer, he's back with a new semester worth of lectures, as well as some additional content designed to complement the lectures. You can read all about it here.

This online content is hosted on the blog of one Scott Ashton, who is working on his Masters degree and utilizing this for his master's project. He is also providing all of this for free. Yes, that's right, absolutely free.

So if you ever wanted to take just such a class, I encourage you to browse over to the site, read all the details, and sign up to participate. It's going to be quite the experience, and one that I guarantee will make you a better writer. And if that's not enough, you can even listen to Sanderson introduce the class below:


Thanks for reading. Feel free to comment below. See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment