Saturday, November 22, 2014

MagicGatheringStrat League Week One

As was announced a couple weeks back, MagicGatheringStrat is hosting a Standard Pauper league. For those unfamiliar with this terminology, these leagues are very similar to the Player Run Events that take place on Magic Online. But instead of playing out all of the matches in one sitting, each round takes place over an entire week, giving players as much time as they need to finish off their match and report back their results. As of yesterday, week 1 is in the books, so I thought I would take this opportunity to share my decklist and post a video of my match.

So here's the exact 75 I played this week:


The Sideboard is definitely still a work in progress, but overall I am pretty happy with this list. If you'd like more information about it, check out my previous post on the subject.

And here is how my match went this week. Enjoy!




I was quite pleased to survive this pairing against a solid and quite aggressive Mono-Green Stompy deck. Having solid early-drops and quick removal seems to be a requirement for this metagame right now. But at the same time, I want to have enough control elements to be able to also "go-big" against MonoBlack Control and Izzet Control. Interestingly enough, a similar deck took first place this week in MPDC. Check it out here.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment